Sunday, March 29, 2009

I know that my 'Reminder' lives...

In my last blog, I listed out some of the titles that Jesus goes by; things such as Redeemer, Savior, Shelter, Provider, Protector, Advocate, Warrior, Healer. I was having a great moment of clarity about how deserving he is of my trust. I determined to hunker down and wait for my God to do mighty Goddish things. That was over a month ago, and I've been as patient as a kid who already knows what he's getting for Christmas and can't wait to open it (read "Lord-I'm-trying-really-really-super-extremely-hard-to-be-patient-but-could-you-maybe-if-it's-not-to-much-trouble-please-sorta-hurry-it-up?").

Tonight I took a brief step over the line into the territory of "Okay, God. I've waited patiently for a month. Now it's time for you to grant me the desires of my heart according to Psalm 37."

It's good that he loves me. So very, very good. It's also gracious that his patience is vastly superior to mine. He chuckled and sighed and ever so gently instructed me to read Psalm 13. After David finishes bemoaning his situation to the Lord of his hosts, he remembers himself and concludes with, "But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, for he has been good to me."

And with that the Creator of my soul reminds me that a month is not too short a time for him to remain God.

No comments: